View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 10:23 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Nikitin is a solid young player, and John Moore may very well be their Scandella. With the way Jack Johnson has played since he got there (not a large sample size, I know), I wouldn't be surprised with them taking an F or D.
Sweet. That horrible Axe ad deleted my post...

Anyway, neither JJ nor the Wiz are true #1 guys. Johnson's showing some promise, and could maybe fulfill that role, but many would argue Wisniewski isn't even top pairing material. Tyutin has looked decent, but he's a 3-4 guy at best. I know nothing about Methot other than he has a $4MM cap hit for the rest of eternity and is not an offensive guy.

Nikitin has looked pretty good since coming over, but he definitely did not look that way in St. Louis. At the time of the trade, people were calling Russell for Nikitin an absolute steal for the Blues for a reason. I don't know much about Moore, other than him being billed as an offensive guy but that hasn't shown up on the stat sheet. He had 7 points in 63 games and a painful -23 this year. His numbers in Springfield don't look any better.

Basically the BJs look like this on defense (age for first game next season in parenthesis):

[No one]-JJ (25)
Wiz (28) - Tyutin (29)
Methot (27) - Nikitin (26)
Moore (21.9)

Of course their forwards look painful too, but I don't think they can take the PR hit on Grigs or Gally, and I think you all know how I feel about Forsberg.