View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggernaut View Post
Sure you'd do that, but no way either of those teams takes on a $5 million cap hit for the next 4 years without sending something our way to displace it.

Ok, If I'm Minny I'm offering something like a P.M Bouchard back (~$4 million cap hit) and my 2nd for Pleks and MTL's 3rd.

And how does MTL benefit from trading a Top PP guy, one of the Top forward PKers in the NHL? Find me another forward that comes close to Pleks over 3minutes/gm average for both PK and PP. Heck, find me another player that does that. He brings so much more than G & A.

It'd be a far hope in hell that Minny's 2nd would turn out to be 1/2 the player Pleks is... In 5 years. I don't understand how you don't see a trade like this 'giving up'.

The only way you trade a "Vet" for a pick(s) or prospect straight up is if they're impending UFA and we're 1/2 way through the season.

Otherwise you're taking salary back.
You can take salary back without taking PM Bouchard and a pick. That deal makes absolutely no sense for the Habs and is a massive steal for Minny.

I'd take PM Bouchard no problem, but I'm also taking Zack Phillips, that second rounder and asking for Haula/Palmieri/Bulmer in the same deal for the kindness of taking 4M$ off their books.

They also have close to 20M$ in cap space heading into next season, with PM Bouchard, I don't see the hurry of giving away some salary.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote