View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 12:53 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
So Colin Campbell is apparently almost as upset as the Penguins about the non-call on Brière's first goal. Here's most of the story from TSN:

Quote:
The NHL's senior executive vice-president of hockey operations acknowledges that linesman Tony Sericolo erred in not whistling the play dead prior to Danny Briere's goal early in the second period.

The Flyers forward was sent in on a breakaway off a long pass from teammate Brayden Schenn that came immediately after a turnover in the neutral zone.

Campbell believes that Sericolo was in position to make the right call but thinks the quick turnaround affected his view of the play.

Briere's goal was the first for Philadelphia as it erased a three-goal deficit and beat Pittsburgh 4-3 in overtime. After the game, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said the blown call wasn't responsible for his team losing the game.

Campbell says the incident could affect how director of officiating Terry Gregson handles staffing assignments moving forward.
I bet the whole NHL FO was beside themselves at this terrible turn of events. I can understand that Campbell would think it was a poor call – and it was – but to go public like this? I'm trying to not buy into the conspiracy theory, but Bettman and Campbell both weighing in on plays between these 2 teams in such short order just seems weird.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote