View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 01:25 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
As a passionate Jackets fan I support the GM and carry the flag forward with my team. After all, what am I going to do about it? Lets turn this negative into a positive. I say keep him for this summer and season. Its his last shot.
I'm not sure if this is what you are getting at, but I've seen some folks in ACA try and suggest that somehow you aren't a supportive fan if you think we need a change in management. I don't agree with this line of thinking. I root for the Columbus Blue Jackets--a collection of guys that at any moment wear whatever crest we are using for that season. I want that team to do its best. Which is why, as a passionate and supportive fan, I want to see a better management team in place, who can put the best team possible in the team's sweaters.

You are entitled to your view and I am entitled to mine with respect to Howson. But let's not start injecting this "tr00 fan" debate into the proceedings.

With that out of the way, my concern is that we've already lost a portion of our fanbase because of mismanagement and that giving another year to this management team will further alienate some fans who are on the fence. There have been some absolutely heartbreaking stories from long-time Season Ticket Holders that have been shared with us via F.A.N.S. Are those people lesser fans because they can't continue to justify supporting this team financially when their perceived enjoyment has plummeted? We're talking in many cases about people who were Day 1 season ticket holders here in some cases.

I'm worried about what message status quo sends to those folks after finishing dead last. And that's to say nothing of casual fans, which are virtually non-existent at this point.

Because, as much as I do root for the team wearing the sweater, what I'm really rooting for at this point is something better for my fellow fans who have suffered long enough.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote