View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you are getting at, but I've seen some folks in ACA try and suggest that somehow you aren't a supportive fan if you think we need a change in management. I don't agree with this line of thinking. I root for the Columbus Blue Jackets--a collection of guys that at any moment wear whatever crest we are using for that season. I want that team to do its best. Which is why, as a passionate and supportive fan, I want to see a better management team in place, who can put the best team possible in the team's sweaters.

You are entitled to your view and I am entitled to mine with respect to Howson. But let's not start injecting this "tr00 fan" debate into the proceedings.
I don't see this as being the case at all. I see a centrist viewpoint that says that one single additional year is reasonable for a variety of reasons.

As far as "sending messages", winning games will send messages. People were staying away in droves during the 2008-09 season, then when it hit January and the team was still hanging around the top 8 in the conference, there began a string of sellouts that lasted all the way into the postseason. That was in Howson's second year, when he still had a good chunk of the team that was still carried over from MacLean.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote