Visiting LA? Where to go? What to do? Ask here
View Single Post
04-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by
Hey guys, I'm coming down for the playoffs this Sunday....3 big questions...I've been to la and staples area before....so ....Want to try something different than la live...
1. What is a great restaurant/ bar in the downtown area.....Even something off the fine menu like pinks or roscoes is fine ...
2. Where can i get a kings jersey in the downtown area....good selection, fair prices...is the Team la store my only option close to the stadium?
3. I'm going to catch a angels game on Monday....what's the best way to get to and from...I'd like to leave from downtown la to angels stadium...and would like to get back to lax....or downtown again...whatever works....i know there is a train after angels games that takes u back to union station in downtown...thinkin about doin that..... Waddya think...
1. If you want a sports bar, Big Wang's is close to Staples and always fun. You can take the train to Langer's and have some amazing pastrami, but you should go during the daytime...not the best neighborhood. And I'll put in my vote for Cole's over Phillippe's (Cole's is the other originator of the French Dip). In terms of bars, if you want something hip, try the Standard. A little pricey, but a downtown institution.
2. For jersey's, Team LA is your best bet unfortunately. Can't think of anywhere else. They sometimes have sales though, you should follow them on Facebook, they may have a gameday promotion.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by mrc23