View Single Post
Old
03-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Overtime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
I didn't say Recchi hasn't played well. I said the fabled leadership that he brings must not be working too well if the coaches feel a rookie should be one of the leaders of the team.

This team needs to go in a new direction from years past. Brining back Mark Recchi doesn't do that.
Crosby was given the A by a coach who didn't know his team. He hadn't even held a practice with them yet.

Recchi is the unofficial captain of that team.

Oh, and here's a quote from the coach:

While young players might draw incentive from the opportunity to play spoiler -- or simply the desire to make a positive impression on management --it's easy to see how older players might find it hard to get motivated for the final weeks of a lost season.

Coach Michel Therrien, though, praised the approach veterans such as Mark Recchi and John LeClair have been taking to their jobs.

"Am I concerned with Recchs?" he said. "Not at all. He competes so hard, and he's got a lot of pride in the way he plays. Johnny LeClair, the same thing. They made their name with their work ethic, their commitment.

"They have an important role on our team, to show what it is to be a professional, and how to get prepared. We have a lot of young kids, and they're watching those guys, learning from those guys."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06065/665815.stm

Sounds to me like the coach doesn't agree with your assessment.