View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
If you dig through this thread, there are quite a bit of suggestions.

1. It really depends what you are looking for. There are a ton of fancy to cheap restaurants in DTLA and nearby. Big Wangs is a good sports bar as the guy above me mentioned. I think they have good specials on Sundays (I know in the afternoon they have $0.25 wings). If you like Whisky, try Seven Grand (corner of 7th/Grand). Silo is a Vodka bar a bit further down 7th Street. The Standard is a trendy place with way overpriced drinks but if you are looking for something "LA", that is a good bet. Another place with a good view and good food is Takami/Elevate which is a sushi bar on a semi enclosed rooftop. Perch is another rooftop bar but I've never had the food there. That one has a real cool view though. Dublins has $4 pints all day. Roys is a fancy Hawaiian fusion restaurant that is pretty good. There is Morton's, Flemings and Nick and Stef's for steakhouses. Want cheap food? Grand Central Market has tons of food stands. There is a taco stand there that sells tacos for $2.50 and they give you 4 tortillas with a mound of whatever meat you choose. The Library bar has a decent beer list. Chaya has fancy food (that I don't like) and has a great beer list and happy hour (not sure if it is weekday only). Bottega Louie is a decent italian restaurant and they make a kick ass Old Fashion. there are some cool bars over on Spring Street (can't think of names off hand). The Pantry is a 24 hour diner that a lot of people like but I've still yet to go to. The Edison is a bar built in the downstairs of an old Edison power plan that has an early 20th century theme.. that is more of a nightlife place though. Google/Yelp will help you find any of these places.

2. Team LA

3. Take the train - easiest way. The train literally drops you off in the parking lot of Anaheim stadium.

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 04-12-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote