View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 08:03 PM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
I thought Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger and Aaron Ward covered the Flames' situation pretty well in the TSN segment. Pertinent summarized quotes:

Dreger:

McKenzie:

McKenzie:

It was naive of people to think the ownership group would suddenly embrace a rebuild or they would make sweeping changes because of three years of no post season games. After all, this same ownership group led the team through a 7 year drought and still had no inclination to build through lottery picks. Secondly, it's widely known that this ownership is highly concerned over it's perceived image in Calgary - from that perspective, letting go of Sutter, regardless of the direction they were going to take, was a necessity. Selling a coach that failed to meet the minimum requirements, i.e. make the playoffs, wasn't something they could do easily.

Finally, the quote by McKenzie is pretty illuminating; it's becoming increasingly evident that Feaster may be no more than a 'yes man' setup to front the direction the owners want to go in.
That's what pisses me off about this organization. If Ken King wanted to control every little move, maybe he should have made himself the GM. Get out of the office and let Jay do his work. The guy obviously knows what he's doing, so let him do it properly.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote