View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It's rare I agree with you, but yah, trade wasn't bad and kaberle has good talent. Gauthier was wrong to acquire him when our D was in need of other things, but if our next GM can find a good balance in the line up then kaberle surely has a place with us.
Kaberle is actually a guy I was thinking about last summer as a back up plan if Markov goes down and we don't re-sign Hammer.
But that was also assuming we sign another strong defensive Dman with some physicality to him, and not sign guys like Gill or Campoli.

I think it was pretty clear Markov was a goner for most of the year when we made this acquisition, and him being under contract for a couple years I'm sure actually attracted Gauthier even more. He had made the mistake of not coming in with a back up plan to Markov, and now he had just traded for one for more than a couple years.

But now, with Diaz, Weber, Markov and Kaberle, we gotta move some. Those four are pretty much identical, with different levels of talent. Markov won't be moved, so two out of the other three gotta go.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote