: Post Game Talk:
ECQF Game #1: Rangers vs. Ottawa
View Single Post
04-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Join Date: May 2010
Was at the game. Couple things I noticed:
- Icing calls in the second were brutal. Sens weren't even skating hard to get them and they were being called slowly trickling over the line.
- Cally was the best player on the ice for the team, except for Hank. He was hitting everything and his goal really took a lot of the pressure off the team.
- Dubi/AA played their best games in a long time. Both made plays all over the ice and were strong in front of the net and along the boards.
- McDonagh, Staal, and surprisingly Stralman played very well for the team. Girardi was himself and DZ had some shakiness, but nothing that getting some more games in will help him with.
- Spezza/Michalek took off from the Anthems right as it was finishing and skated directly in front of the guys showing holding the flags. I thought it was disrespectful to do that. Both Spezza and Michalek were not as visible as you would think they would be.
- Gabby and Hagelin were using their speed effectively in the offensive zone. Both made strong, swift plays and resulted in goals.
- Karlsson was a non-factor tonight. He had a couple shots but they didn't allow him to be a playmaker.
HM - Boyle, Dubi, Hags, Gabby, the defense besided Bickel.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by mrjimmyg89