Thread: Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game #1: Rangers vs. Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Raymones

vCash: 500
There really is nothing like playoff hockey!!

A few things:

Ryan Callahan is just an amazing leader. I've watched about 40 Rangers games this season and I can't remember a single one where I thought #24 was "meh". The effort and smartness he brings every night is what personifies (is that a word in English?) this team. For me, he's the clear cut number one star of this game, followed by Lundqvist.

Great overall team effort tonight, and as many has already stated, Staal played probably his best game of the season. Girardi and McD looked solid as usual, and the lack of playoff experience on Rangers D didn't show one bit, IMO. Bickel and Del Zotto did ok, Stralman did really well.

As a Swede I'm certainly happy about my fellow countrymen. Hagelin looked a bit nervous in the beginning but his usual self from the second period and on. Hank was Hank, and Stralman looked like he was comfortable playing playoff hockey. Optimal start for the Swedish Ranger rookies, each getting a point in their first PO appearance, and going +1 and +3 respectively (just checked, leads the league! ).

As for Karlsson, obviously I have no problem with him emerging as a star player, however I'm very pleased with him being held off the scoresheet tonight. The Rangers forwards did a great job shutting him down.

Great work by the forwards all game, with honourable mentions to Duby, Boyle and Anisimov. The only player I thought was a tad disappointing: Stepan.

The one thing that sucks about this game is the fact that I just finished watching it and there is about 40 hours to the next one. Bring it!

Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote