View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 08:10 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBA4life View Post
Impressive stats from Holloway. I believe in Europe they only count first assists, correct? If that's the case then the stats are even more impressive. I don't think Lewis is the long term answer on the third line so hopefully Bud can come in and make the position his. I've never seen him play, any comparable player on the Kings or NHL to give me an idea?
Not all across Europe, I know for a fact the KHL only counts primary assists, and there are a couple lower level leagues that actually track both primary and secondary assists seperately (some of the Italian and Germen 2nd leagues.) I'm pretty sure the Elitserien counts both primary and secondary same as the NHL and the main difference is that Elitserien games are played on Olympic sized ice instead of the smaller North American Ice that the NHL uses.

I view Lewis as the replacement for Richardson and Holloway as being a possible replacement for Parse, Penner, or Gagne if none of them are retained or able to return. With the emergence of King and how well he's done with Richards and Carter I gotta think the top 6 will be Brown Kopitar Williams, and King Richards Carter for the next few years. Holloway could be a perfect fit in that 3rd line wing role that can move up and play on the 2nd in case of injury.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote