View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 08:34 AM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
I'm not saying Kulda and Daugaviņ can't make difference. I just don't see them making such a difference as oltoks and Skrastiņ in previous times. And two players doesn't add much to a team that plays like crap (evidence - Belarus had Kostitsyn and Grabovski last year and lost to us 3:6).

I'm not saying we don't need them but realistically they're not available. At least at the moment. So we don't have much to wait for, Pels might get to the Memorial Cup eventually (here's hope), Ottawa is in play-offs and who knows how long that can take, the same for Kulda. So we of course can hope for them but it isn't like they'll make all the difference whether or not we succeed even if all of them are suddenly available
I agree, but we as fans simply would love too see all the best players in WC, it's hardly an "obsession", because everyone (with common sense) understands that these 3/4 players won't be the difference between relegation and medals, but having them would simply improve our chances of a successful outcome this year.

In others news, rumours of Ivanans second chance are not rumours anymore, he's coming to camp. I don't know what to think, hopefully his place on a team (because of his unique "qualities" or "skill-set") isn't guranteed yet, though I'd love too see how would he look on an ice in exhibition games.