View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 08:53 AM
noobman

vCash: 500
I tried it once and could barely handle the puck. It felt as if the wood stick wasn't as "springy" as the composite. I'd push the puck forward and it wouldn't go as far in front of me as I was expecting, or I'd try stickhandling back and forth and lose control of the puck because it didn't arrive on my blade when I was expecting it. I ended up trimming that wood stick down and now I use it in my garage to practice stickhandling when I have some free time, which works well because I've found that the green biscuit is more responsive than a puck.

I'm sure that I would have gotten accustomed to it, but I wasn't willing to sacrifice performance while I re-learned how to stickhandle with it. I think that regardless of which way you go, you have to endure a bit of an adjustment period.

What I found odd was that it significantly improved my shot. I was ripping slapshots top shelf and even my wristers felt like they had more velocity and were easier to control. FWIW, I went from an Easton S5 composite (lower end) to an Easton SY90 wooden stick. Same flex rating (I don't know how you calculate flex on a wood stick) and same blade pattern (Zetterberg).

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote