Thread: Speculation: Any Interest in Jagr?
View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 10:46 AM
MOOKER411

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbrien View Post
Jerome doesn't seem like the PIT type to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think if the Bruins bow out in round 2-3 this year, it actually works in their favor to pick up someone like Iginla, Whitney, or Selanne next year (put Savvy on the LTIR, let go Rolston, Corvo, and Benny, and maybe you could sign all three--haha! I'm dreaming, but what a 3rd line that would be!).

On the other hand, even a SCF appearance may make older guys looking for one last run shy away--as going to the finals in 3 consecutive seasons is pretty much unheard of, no matter how good the team is.

Really--if any of those three guys are really looking to land somewhere likely to win the cup--whoever wins this year is probably off their list of destinations if they want to maximize their chances.

I should probably point out, I'm not saying that I'm not rooting for the B's to win back-to-back so they can pick up a couple of older veterans over the summer. That would be stupid.

I'm just saying that they'll have an easier time attracting those type of players if they perform well, but lose before appearing in the finals.
Don't get me wrong. I would absolutley love Iginla in a Bruin uniform. Guy competes and can still pot 30 + goals. Does everything well that a Bruin player should. Maybe would be enough inspiration for the Bruins to make another run next season even if we make the finals this year. Grabbing an Iginla or anyone else will still will depend on Horton.
Call me crazy but when we added Rolston at the deadline I thought it was actually a pretty smart move. I simply compared him to Recchi even though he plays on the third line but I thought as far as depth goes Pevs is an upgrade to Rex in the top six and Rolston has been dynamite with Kelly and Pouliott so I still like our chances this year to repeat IF the current squad stays healthy.
Next season I beleive Doug Hamilton will crack the line up but I think Knight and Spooner are a full season in Providence away ( best case scenerio ). So it will be good-bye to Corvo but we have a complete third line to resign. We would be crazy not to. The chemistry they have is too good to throw away.

MOOKER411 is offline   Reply With Quote