Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part VI
View Single Post
04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Originally Posted by
Well yeah if we don't qualify him.
But can we resign him right away? I wasn't sure if we had to wait until a later date.
I sent capgeek a tweet about that.
Hope they can provide an answer
The Jets can re-sign him at any time from now until the end of the season for less than the QO (or more
). He won't sign though, since he may as well wait until the QO comes or doesn't.
Now if the Jets do not give him a QO he becomes an UFA. There is no later date, he is UFA on July 1, 2012 if he fails to receive a QO and he can sign with any team at any time.
Take for example the Chicago FA fiasco in summer of 2007 (I think that was the year). The screwed up and never sent in their QO's, so they went out and immediately signed all their should be RFA's to new contracts, no wait time.
Also, thread full. New one started.
Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 04-13-2012 at
View Public Profile
Holden Caulfield's albums
Find More Posts by Holden Caulfield