View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Kaberle is definitely movable. Perhaps on draft day. Perhaps by next deadline.
I guess anything is possible, certainly if I were a GM, I would need to be very desperate to even consider being interested in Kabs. I know he can put some points up and he's a very good passer but with 8.75M left even if the price is next to nothing it's seems unlikely to me that many if any GM's would bite.

Perhaps at the deadline there may be more interest since much of his salary for the year will be paid and we've seen how nuts deadline can get at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I know PP got better with kaberle but what's our record with and without kaberle?
Well we won 31 of 82 games so it can't be much better. Since JM was fired a week or so after the trade, and we were 13-12-7 under JM and 18-23-9 under the Randy's it's got to be something close to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The same people that defended Gauthier about this move saying having money isn't a problem better the player then said hey Gauthier even saved 3 million off the cap in this trade ( The Cammalleri one )
I wouldn't compare this to the Cammy trade though, as Cammy get 7M for the next 2 years, not many teams are willing to take on 7M a year in actual salary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Did Spacegoat suck as a Cane? If so I might say that we still have a chance to win this trade.
no we don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Great trade in my opinion. Montreal fans can be very harsh. We acquired a great puck moving defenseman that helps our transition game. He's obviously better than Spacek. Cap hit at 4.25 million seems very low in my mind and for am experienced dman of his talent. He also expressed that he wants to play in Montreal. Please recall that Boston 6 months before paid prospect centre Joe Colborne (former 1st), the Bruins' first-round pick in 2011 and a conditional second-round draft pick in 2012.

Pretty sure that a new coach will turn this team around and having Kaberle will be a big asset
wow, I want some of whatever drugs you are on. 4.25M cap is now considered "very low" and I doubt you will find anyone that thinks this was a great trade. Who cares that boston overpaid for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Good post. I also think Kaberle can contribute to this team and at $4 million I'd rather have a soft Kaberle than a lost on the ice Komisarek. If Kaberle plays well next season and with Tinordi and Beaulieu in the wings, the Habs may actually be able to get something good for him in a trade return.
Kabs is due 8.75M over 2 so it's not 4M.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote