View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 02:00 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't get it. Yes he won the Cup. I get that. But the divisiveness and behind the scenes power grab he attempted during that Cup run almost ruined the season.

He's on Si.com picking the Pens to win the Cup.

This guy does not deserve to have anything to do with the Rangers.

It's odd that a man who barely spent 12 months at the helm, and has burned bridges his entire career with multiple organizations is working in vicinity of the Rangers.

Keenan is ice cold, but he has lightened up a bit since he left New York. He stopped being "Iron Mike" a long time ago. You can't discount the messy divorce and playing a role in what a jerk he was.

He was extremely pleasant towards the media in Boston. I was shocked that "Iron Mike" was more approachable than guys like Bob Hartley.

Still, I think Neil Smith should have been allowed back into the Organization from an analyst standpoint. I think he's great on the NHL network, and he's got 10 times the personality Keenan has.

I dont know why Neil was never given a real chance to start over again as a GM or assistant GM. The guy was a tremendous talent evaluator in Detroit, and was fine as a GM here up until June 16th, 1994.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote