View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 03:00 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruschiki View Post
LOL. And they would be correct. We made a decision after we won the first playoff game that we rolled the lines and gave everyone equal playing time all season and that if it came to shortening the bench to get the win we would do so.

The championship game we were down 2-0 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd. We went from 14 skater to 7 skaters; left the same two D and center on the ice , and rotated wingers. We scored 1, the other coach called a timeout, we scored another 30 seconds later to tie it up. Then we scored the 3rd with 12.5 seconds left.

We also had to shorten the bench the previous game. After that game, I had a dad come up and ask why his kid wasn't on the ice much in the third, and I simply told him 'we shorted the bench'. That seemed to satisfy him. It was just as important for the kids that had to sit at times to be part of the experience of winning a championship, they were just as happy as everyone else.
Be glad it worked and you won. I speak from experience when I say the parents aren't quite as understanding when you lose.