View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 04:28 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
The head coach handled it right. Shortening the bench in the third period is much more acceptable, in my opinion. Also a bit less grueling on the iron horses. Although, it's prudent to put the scrub line out for the odd shift or two if the opponent's weak line is out to spell the horses for a hot second. I know the counter argument would be to exploit it, but after a triple shift or so, who's gonna be more effective? Man, I love talking strategy

I had a very interesting exchange with a dad who was complaining about his daughter sitting much of the 3rd. She was a forward and I was running the forwards. He asserted we were playing favorites and letting our own daughters play the most. It was true that my oldest of two daughters on the team and the two other coaches daughters played a lot in the 3rd. But they were also some of our best players, my older daughter probably being the best of the bunch. But I also had another daughter on the team and she is a forward. I pointed out to the dad that my younger daughter was sitting right next to his daughter on the bench when we went with our better players in the 3rd. I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't realize that and had only seen my other daughter on the ice. He stop complaining at that point.