Thread: Post-Game Talk: Sharks win game 1!
View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
He made one stupid defensive play, but he made up for it with a really great one at the end of the first. He shouldn't have been at fault for Thornton shoving the puck into his skates and causing an off-sides. He was pretty much a non-factor offensively, but so was the rest of his line. I noticed he threw a couple of hits on Pietrangelo.

He really does look injured. Reminds me of '09.
People are always going to be overly critical of Patrick Marleau unless he's putting multiple points on the board. For a guy that wasn't noticeable to most people, being a +1 is at least saying that he's not a detriment and that his opposition isn't putting pucks into the back of his net.

It's not as if Marleau was in the position that Galiardi was in with chances galore near the net. That entire line was not doing much in the offensive zone and it's rarely Marleau that is the catalyst when he's on that line.

At least they have room for improvement and if they win tomorrow, I might be on board with them winning this series. Until then, I'm still siding with the Blues here.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote