View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 11:23 PM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Well...we didn’t play completely terrible but we didn’t play very good either. Cechmanek was good tonight. We got lots of chances, shot a lot just couldn’t find the back of the net.

Vokoun picked a fine time to be off tonight. I think some guys were still thinking about the pretty water and palm trees instead of the hockey game. We picked it up at the middle to end of the periods but just couldn’t get it done. But not in enough time for a whole period of good hockey.

Powerplay let us down tonight. We really couldn’t get much going and LA was beating us to all the lose pucks. We got set up a few times, but not well enough. Hit sticks, other players, got blocked, broke our sticks.

Plus we weren’t very physical either. Only saw one hard hit. Haven’t they figured out that when we’re not physical, we’re don’t win. We have to be the ones to dictate the way the game will be played otherwise we start running around and have to play catch up all night.

Glad Scott Hartnell was alright. Boy that was scary seeing him squirming around on the ice like that. He’s been playing so good lately and I think he was by far one of the better guys out there tonight.

Well, a day off, no travel since they’ll still be playing in LA just across town so hopefully a better effort and outcome Friday night.

**Question**....when we were on the PP, near the end of the game, and we pulled Vokoun for a 6-4 why did LA get called for icing? Were they not shorthanded? It wasn’t 4-4 and then we pulled Vokoun to make it 5-4 was it? That struck me as odd so I thought I would ask.