View Single Post
Old
04-13-2012, 10:29 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Except the historical comparison doesn't support your position. The Czech league has changed is simply not the same, even from the time Hanzal was there. Seeing as how Petrovicky and Hudler outscored Hertl by a significant margin, I think the reference hurts more than it helps. Hudler, in all his splendor, was a late 2nd round pick. Funny enough, Satan and Demitra were also not 1st round picks (5th and 9th, respectively) or even on teams' radar. Hejduk played four seasons in the Czech league before even coming over. Judging a kid based solely off of stats at an arbitrarily picked age is silly and doesn't provide a valid frame of reference. Your direct observations are much more relevant.

Hertl may not even be available where we pick. Or Aberg. What then?
I was at the Hudler draft. He was largely perceived by the "experts" to be a potential top 10 selection. I correctly called the Koreis selection by the Coyotes and then was taken back when we took Eager with our second first rounder. I boo'd loudly outright when we overlooked Hudler for a 3rd time and selected goalie David LeNeveu.