View Single Post
Old
04-14-2012, 12:18 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jorgi View Post
Switching out two players who have history of being great playoff performers for two players who have been underwhelming statistically and haven't seen much high level competition in a long period of time?

Not sure how you think that makes a positive difference. I understand both Jeffrey and Tangradi have a better all-around skillset than Adams and Asham, but even leaving out what you lose in the trade-off in intangibles, it's a bit of a jump to think Jeffrey or Tangradi is ready to produce at THIS point when they weren't even producing much back when they were seeing regular shifts.
I actually would not remove Asham. I like him a lot, he has some offensive ability, and we need the tougness.

I would be content with swapping out Adams for Tangradi, and utilizing our top forwards more often on the PK, and switch around our forward lines in general. We did the latter in the regular season, but we really haven't yet done that in the playoffs.

I also think Tangradi was really getting into a groove and playing his best hockey as a Penguin by a fair margin late in the regular season. So I think he has earned the opportunity.

jmelm is online now   Reply With Quote