View Single Post
Old
03-07-2006, 07:42 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by priceperlb
I thought the injury bug hit first? Weren't they praised for having such a great record with all the injuries? So league lead so early in the season is a measure of nothing important.

The Fedoruk thought was just an example of a bad idea. I thought bringing in Stevenson meant the end of Brashear (hoped). Fedoruk worked his way up from the Phantoms, improved his play each year, could fight with almost anyone, loved to hit, helped the Phantoms win the Calder Cup, improved his playmaking ability down there as well, and deserved to remain on the Flyers. I don't think he would be the difference maker on the ice, but psychologically for him and those around him keeping him would have shown everyone what hard work brings as a member of the organ-I-zation. Plus his contract couldn't have been that big, unlike Brashear and I don't even know what Stevenson makes. I'd be fine with just Fedoruk and fill in the rest with speed.
The injury bug did hit before/during the streak of great play. They most certainly were praised for having such a great record and the Flyers broadcast cheerleaders, I mean team, boasted how many players from the Calder Cup winning Phantoms have been called up to play key roles during that streak. Now, those same announcers are using the injuries and call-ups as excuses for how poorly the team is playing (which is why I love it whenever the Flyers have a national game so I don't have to listen to those morons).