View Single Post
Old
04-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I dont put much stock into positions listed. I mean on HF both Connor Brickley & Kyle Rau are listed as centers and neither of them play that position currently (Brickley hasnt played it in 2 seasons at Vermont). Many times players are moved to the wing because they just dont have what it takes to play center in the pros. So yes I'd say take a forward regardless of position and then move him if he isnt going to be best utilized at center. It never hurts to have someone play wing who can also take faceoffs.

But I agree with others and have been saying it for a while, this is a draft that you dont reach for a forward with where we're going to pick. The best value is most likely going to be in selecting a d-man. And I am expecting Ellerby to get traded this summer so we'll need to keep restocking the pantry on defense.
Yeah, I agree. You take the BPA, that's how great organizations do it. When you have two players of equal strength, then you can pick for need. Some centers switch to wing in the NHL and some wingers end up as centers. Sometimes it's just as simple as there's no room at a particular position on the NHL roster. Take the BPA, the rest tends to sort itself out.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote