Thread: News Article: Sutter and Flames Part Ways
View Single Post
Old
04-14-2012, 02:31 AM
OrrwastheBeatles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
To me, Feaster appears to be the fall guy here. The fact is, more and more information is coming out that the owners and King are dictating what is happening behind the scenes with this team. This whole Brent Sutter thing only proves that theory more. Its quite apparent that Brent wanted change with the roster next season, its apparent that Feaster and Sutter got along quite well, and if I was betting man I think Feaster wanted to have Sutter back next season. I think after the meeting that Brent and Feaster had, it was stated to Brent that the changes he wanted to see were not going to happen, so both parties decided to part ways. I don't think the owners priority is to ice a championship team, I think their priority is to ice a competitive team and sell tickets.

Regarding the dismissal of our coach, I think Iggy will be staying in Calgary next season so I think it is the right move. I think Iggy is more than capable of being a productive player in this league for a while yet, but I think he needs to play in a more complimentive system, that has an open style.

I am not happy with what appears to be going on with the Flames, I think it is utter BS. Its an 'Old Boys' up there in the upper office and they are doing a disservice to the fans of this city. And its to bad, this city is so rich that people will support the team no matter what. The only way significant change will come about is if attendence goes down. No one up there is listening to what the fans want, they are just doing as they please.

I am not calling for a full scale rebuild, or even that Iggy needs to be traded. But this G** damn formula is proven it doesn't work and its time for change. I think the Flames need to follow what the Sens did last year. I don't know what I'm going to do if pretty much the same core is brought back next year. I really believe Feaster's hands are tied to an extent, I'm not really sure how much change will even be allowed to occur.
So you think if Iggy is staying, it's the right move.

But you don't think it's possible that Feaster came to the same decision rationally? That he must be being set up as the fall guy for the 'old boys club'?

I find it hilarious that, for years, fans were praising the ownership as willing to spend, caring about the community, keeping their noses out of the day-to-day businesss, etc etc

Now, when the team isn't doing what they want, fans are claiming conspiracies and evil, uncaring manipulations from an old boys club.

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote