View Single Post
Old
04-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post
This series is far from over. I can't believe a fanbase with Crosby and Malkin on their team are waving the whiteflag. One win and you guys are right back in this thing.

To the guy who said Philly doesn't have Pitts talent, we may not have Crosby or Malkin, but Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr, Schenn, Briere, Voracek, Read, Simmonds, Couturier, Talbot, Timonen, Carle, Coburn, Grossmann are a lot more depth than most teams can throw at you. Don't forget we're missing Pronger, Meszaroes and JVR. You guys are healthy.
I don't think we're waiving a white flag yet. I will root for my team until the second they get eliminated, but I try to be realistic about their chances. You drop the first 2 games at home and you're in a big hole.

Interesting how Pronger being injured turned out. You may not have gone out and got Grossmann if Pronger were healthy. I guess Pronger's better all around, but Grossmann is a stud defensively and now signed for a while.

You guys do have a lot of depth, but I think we do too. Both of our goalies have similarly good and bad stretches. I thought the difference would be the elite talent. I consider Giroux elite, but I figured having two elite players in Crosby and Malkin would give us the edge. Players don't always play to their potential in a series though. A role player will play way over his head and an elite player may be held in check like Malkin has been so far. Couturier up front and Grossmann on the back end seem to be the match-up against Geno most of the time and they've done an excellent job.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote