View Single Post
Old
04-14-2012, 02:01 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Brisebois brings worldly common sense, an openness to opinion from others, a team first approach with a strong and decisive approach and direction. Join to him a Carriere and perhaps a Mackasey and we have the team required to rebuild the Habs with a forward looking organization.
I'm curious where your drawing your opinion of BrisBois from? Have you ever heard players say positive things about him? Or are you just totally making up your opinion to match your fantasy?

Below we have 2 comments from ex players who talk negatively about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitualwinner View Post
This is an excerpt from my previous post, forwarding the benefits of knowledge as provided to me by 2 ex-players:

"Ex-player #1 was in the Montreal organization for several years. Back in January, we talked about his perspective on the Habs organization. Here is what he shared:

3. He had absolutely zero respect for Brisebois (this was January,2012 remember), who he called " a lawyer and pencil pusher, not a very good communicator" and that he had "no ability to assess hockey talent".

Ex-player#2 played in the NHL several years ago, NOT for the Habs. He remains well connected into the several organizations because he had a 10 year career in the NHL and AHL. As he is approximately 40 years old, many of his former teammates are now coaching and managing at the NHL,AHL and ECHL levels.

When I asked him last week about Brisebois, he said he would be an awful choice because JB would be: "Gauthier The Second". Independent of ex-player #1, he said " he is just not a hockey guy...he is a lawyer". Briseobois is viewed as not having much of a personality. The reason Yzerman brought him to Tampa Bay is that Stevie Y is "not a numbers guy" and the one thing JB has going for him is that he is a capologist.
That doesn't sound like a guy I want anywhere near my favourite team. Do you really want someone like that running your favourite team? For real?