View Single Post
Old
04-14-2012, 02:25 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
The Kings are going to bring it whoever is in net for the Canucks, coaches know this. I would be surprised if AV made a goalie change.

The best young goalies have a hard time in the playoffs, especially with limited experience. Schneider will be no different. What a younger guy may gain in speed and agility, they lose in the savvy required for pressurized games. It's not like Luongo is crapping the bed and there is nowhere to go but up. Quite the contrary, he's the only reason the Kings don't have more goals than they do in the 2 games. At best it will be a wash goaltending wise. The team may play better if Luongo is pulled, but an experienced squad like Vancouver shouldn't need that as motivation.

The Kings have played pretty well even with unfavorable match-ups. I expect it them to shift into a higher gear at home; not the situation I would personally want to put a young goaltender in.
I just keep thinking back to when Mclellan pulled Niemi for the 3rd period after only giving up 2. I think it kinda guilts the team a bit and it seemed to be effective.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote