View Single Post
Old
11-20-2003, 06:47 AM
punchy1

vCash: 500
I have had the chance to watch him play last night against the Los Angeles Kings. I had only seen him play in 4 other games prior so I felt a bit unqualified to really comment on him. Last night, he had allot of energy and played a solid defensive game. He plays with a ton of grit and is a solid open ice hitter. I think the impression I have of him is this, he isn't going to be the guy on your team that you ever count on to score, if he does that is pure bonus. Sure, he should pop in a few during the season but again, not his strength. I see him as one of those guys who lifts the players emotional play around him. Some are such good passers that they make everyone a goal scorer, TooToo seems to be of the same mold only where his competitive nature is concerned. When he was on the ice he seemed to light a fire under his line mates. I saw him out of position once and I saw him over commit and miss on two hits during the night. I would say that those are excellent stats for an energy forward.

Granted I have now watched him play in a handful of games but, I think that the teams who passed on him made a mistake and that he *is* one of those special players who should with age become one of those blokes you love to have on your bench.