View Single Post
Old
04-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Holy Jokinen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
When people say that, it's usually just an opinion.

The team didn't really play that much better in front of Clemmensen this year, honestly.
#'s didn't really support the team playing better in front of Anderson than Vokoun back in the day either.

It's a subjective statement.

I could easily look back at Clemmensen's starts this year and point to plenty of games when the team was mediocre.

Clemmensen just so happened to steal some points that he doesn't really get much credit for.
A team playing better in front of a backup CAN be proven, actually. But numbers may not support it. Shot totals may be similar, but what numbers don't show is where shots are taken from, and quality of chances. You'd have to prove it with consistent video evidence, which is unrealistic, to say the least.

That being said, i don't feel confident enough in support or denial of the argument to really weigh in personally. Though i'd say i lean toward the idea that the team has played well in front of Clemmensen. Whether or not that is a conscious thing is a whole other story, though.

I also agree with SV that it's not a strategy to use at all. If you're placing your hopes on a freak thing like that, you've got bigger problems than goaltending.