Thread: Joe Sakic
View Single Post
Old
11-20-2003, 08:38 AM
kenabnrmal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
What a load of crap, most of you ducks fans started posting here during the playoffs last year when you beat Detroit, not saying it was you but you even know it.
While I agree that this thread should have never been started, this post here is probably one of the more flat out wrong posts I've read on these boards, dating back to the old format. I read and follow the Ducks board (don't post very often) regularly, and I can promise you that none of these guys jumped out of the woodwork once the Ducks beat the Wings.

Chock joined Feb 03
Vish joined Jun 02
mmbt joined Feb 02, and has been around since the old format I believe.
Jerky Leclerc joined Feb 02, and was also around since the old format.
I've been around since the old format.

Those are only 5, but 5 of the more regular Ducks posters. None hopped on board when the Ducks beat the Wings. I'd put mmbt and Jerky Leclerc among the very best posters on the board. I'm not sure where you got this idea from JM, but it appears to be a strange combination of ignorance and stereotyping.

Most here are right, it was a very marginal dive, if one at all, and it is a complete non-issue. The idea that the Ducks winning the Cup will be sweeter because fans "didn't have the team handed to them" is probably bunk as well. However, you truely have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Ducks posters here. You made yourself look sillier than any of the ones crying over the dive with one quick post.