View Single Post
Old
04-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Too many complacent players that have worn out their welcome.
You know, I've been getting the same sort of vibe from this team. There just doesn't seem to be the hunger to play a 200-foot game from a lot of players, and a lot of those guys are the ones who already got their Cup in 2009. Keeping the same bottom six guys around for multiple seasons might not be the best idea to keep that hunger for a Cup alive.

As for the team as a whole (specifically the defense), I honestly don't know what Shero's going to do.

Letang's a keeper, and while he's not having a very good series, Engelland is a useful bottom pairing guy who adds toughness for a cheap contract. I also wouldn't mind keeping Niskanen around. After that? I wouldn't bat an eyelash if Orpik, Martin, or Michalek (or all three) were moved. Our "Big Four" turned out to be a Big One (Letang), with three pylons playing over 20 minutes a night.

Up front, offense doesn't seem to be an issue. But collectively they seem no longer to even care to play defense. A lot of times it's the forwards who are the cause for opposition players being left wide open or unattended, for easy tap in goals or wide open passes.

I just don't know. This team imploded in a big way. While I wasn't thinking beating Philadelphia was a guarantee, I certainly never thought this team would get swept, or give up the amount of goals they have.