View Single Post
Old
03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins
A young, skilled, playmaking center isn't enough to get a young, soft, offensively changed D-man. Alright that certainly makes sense.
I'm not going to defend kolanos (who hs been on my IGNORE list for about a year now) but you guys are way underrating Leopold. He hasn't put up the numbers that were projected for him and, no, he is not the world's most physical dman. However, he is still very, very effective in his own zone. A young top four guy with excellent upside like that would have very good trade value on the market.

And, I'm glad that TC has worked out for the Sabres (I've been predicting he would for years!). But, let's face it, he has had 30 something good games in the NHL and even those games where not as good as many of you are suggesting. A 15 -goal 65 point center (his projected numbers) is not a true #1 guy. Don't get past yourselves here. TC still has a long way to go.

Last season, after Hecht's great flourish, a few of you were proclaiming him to be a true #1 winger - capable of a PPG or more. And, of course, he followed that "breakthrough" season by doing what he has for years - showing that he is a very good defensive forward with good by not excellent offensive abilities.

Likewise, Calgary fans were assuring me that Reinprehect (or however you spell his name) was a number 1 center after he scored at a PPG clip for about 40 games last season. And, I got angry personal attacks from Flames Draft Watcher and others when I didn't agree.

I"m only pointing this out because you can't assume that a few good games is a breakthrough and a turning point for a particular player. And, it is particularly difficult to buy those arguements when players have had problems with motivation and injuries in the past.