View Single Post
Old
04-15-2012, 10:26 PM
sarahjane14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
Top 10 goalie is fairly arguable. But there are those on here that think he's practically the best goalie in the league and is only held back by his defense. That's pretty off the mark in my opinion.

Also, to be clear, I'm not putting this all on Fleury. You're right, no goalie would look good behind a defense playing like this. But he's had his share of individual gaffes in this series so far(the first goal today was so bad I actually laughed when it happened). Also, his playoff resume seems to be getting worse as we go along here. It's odd that his regular seasons have improved, and his playoff performances have deteriorated. Either way, I think the guy is good enough as our starter to get the job done. I just think people need to be a little more realistic about him.
Fleury's nowhere near top 5. But he is around top 10 whether thats 8-9 or 11-12. Wherever he is, he's still in the top tier of goalies. That said, Fleury's probably always gonna be that goalie that when he has a bad game, he has an atrocious game, its just he usually bounces back. However, he hasn't been given much of a chance to come back in this series, and who knows, maybe Fleury is overextending himself knowing how bad his D is being and its just not working for him. Or maybe, its just bad luck.