View Single Post
Old
04-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I looked it up and Sweden's biggest sportspaper wrote three articles on the entire tournament, one of them was about the final roster. They didn't even bother to write that Sweden won the placement game and finished in 5th spot. Women's hockey in Sweden has really gone south since the 2006 Olympics when it was supposed to get into competion with the U.S and Canada.
Have to say the same for Finland. Though it seems the bigger issues is on the coaching side as we seem to have only one coach who knows how to get the best out of the women (Hannu Saintula). There is a drop off in talent as well. A bit disappointed that local girl Susanna Tapani only scored one goal/point in the entire tournament considering she's such "sniper" in other sports (mainly ringette) and in the Finnish league. I hope she goes to a good US college (Boston and Minnesota have been interested) unless she decides to play one full season in the Finnish women's league (yet to do so due to being in school in Turku and there being no women's team there) before that. She's going to have to drop ringette out now if she want's to play hockey.

In general US and Canada seem to be pulling more and more ahead while Finland and Sweden remain stagnant or regress while behind them there's more development.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote