View Single Post
Old
04-16-2012, 02:45 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
KT has been absolutely awesome since he came here. I agree, should have been the captain a long time ago.

The only issue i have with his play is he cannot clear the net very effectively, just too small (trys hard as heck to do it though). This is why I think Coburn is a MUCH better fit than Carle with him.
Timonen-Carle isn't a perfect fit by any means, but it would be tough to break up the Coburn-Grossmann pairing. If Bourdon can come back and take Lilja's place, I wouldn't be opposed to try out a Timonen-Kubina pairing. It might be a bit on the slow side these days, but I think it might work. Kubina could focus on being the stay-at-home guy, and he'll also help with the crease-clearing somewhat, and allow Timonen to roam a little freer offensively, like he could do with Coburn as his partner.

I thought Timonen was really good in game 2, hopefully the (almost) extra day off he got due to the game misconduct will help him to preserve some energy. We'll need a strong Timonen if we are to go deeper into these playoffs than the second round.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote