Thread: Proposal: Jonathan Bernier to Tampa Bay
View Single Post
Old
04-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Brodeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I didn't see anything that specifically said Bernier was offered but I've read lots of rumors that he was. LA was desperate for scoring so I think they would've sacrificed their back up goalie.
I vaguely recall something along the lines of Columbus not being interested in Bernier, but we don't know if LA was pitching Bernier as the centerpiece of a deal rather than the final piece with Jack Johnson.

The persistent rumor was that the Kings wanted to keep onto Bernier until they got Quick signed to a longterm deal. Quick is UFA after next season, so they wanted an insurance policy just in case. Whether or not they decide to deal Bernier in the offseason will probably depend on how well contract talks go with Quick.

Personally, I'd go after Schneider before Bernier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake
Are you sure L.A. even offered Bernier to Columbus? I'm assuming they wouldn't want to trade their backup goalie right before the playoffs.
If Bernier had gone to Columbus, most expected the Blue Jackets to include Curtis Sanford in the deal as well. Sanford was having a decent season before his injury and had three solid starts against the Kings (1.67 GAA, .952 sv%)--Including the infamous game where the Kings scored a last second goal when the clock seemingly froze at 0.3 seconds.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote