Old
04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
That's just not true. I'm sure you must know how irrational you are being. It would be better if you could just get over that goal in Game 6.

2009-2010 Regular Season
Michael Leighton .918 SV%
Ray Emery .905 SV%
Brian Boucher .899 SV%

2010 ECQF vs Boston
Brian Boucher .891 SV%
Michael Leighton .943 SV% (entered series down 3-0)

2010 ECF vs Montreal

Michael Leighton .950 SV%

THANK YOU MICHAEL LEIGHTON
It's NOT the goal in Game 6. It's how he ****ing played, which was badly. Almost ANY time he was challenged, in the season and playoffs, he folded. If the team in front of him didn't play with such desperation he wouldn't have had those numbers. They played like their mothers were in net without pads, because they knew ANY shot thrown on goal might go in if it was placed somewhere that would require Leighton to move a limb. He was a trash can in net. If the puck didn't go where he was already placed, it went in. If the team didn't hold the other team to low percentage areas, they scored.

Let's not forget that it was Boucher who got them into the playoffs as well...not Leighton. Leighton sucked. He had the fortune of playing behind a high powered team that could also play very good defense. I've been saying he sucks and that he was a product of the team in front of him playing like they have an empty net since we grabbed him off waivers, because anybody with eyes could see that. You need to stop letting the Cinderella story glory cloud your judgement. He and his stats were the product of the team. The team and it's success was NOT a product of him.