View Single Post
Old
04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Ovechkid08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckMAN View Post
Here's a question,how dose Grant Besse rate with these 3?Seems like he is projected to go in the 7th round,he should be a little higher then that no?I think he's at least close to on par with Kyle Rau who went in the 3rd round last year.Dose it have to do with the fact he's going back to HS next year?

Side note question who if anyone was the last Minnesota HS player to play there senior season all ready drafted by an NHL club?In recent years guys like Aaron Ness and Ben Marshall could have but they both graduated a year early and skipped there senior seasons and jumped to the WCHA and USHL.
Besse is my sleeper of this draft, kid has some very elite skills, better shot than Rau but not as physical plus he has some size on Rau. Speedy winger with an NHL shot already in his junior year. His high school team is actually a very good place to develop, one of the top teams and they have an actual class every day just for hockey players to workout and practice during the school year. I haven't heard if he's coming back for sure yet but it certainly wouldn't be the worst thing for his development to be on the state winning team and build some muscle while he finishes his school.

I am guessing he will go around the 3rd round but a lot of teams would be foolish to have him fall any farther, definitely think the talent is there, but HF boards does very little high school related scouting.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote