View Single Post
Old
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM
vancityluongo
undisputed genius

vCash: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Yeah, the Sedin's eviscerated San Jose, probably would have done the same to Tampa if the gods smiled on us. And I firmly believe Vancouver wins games 1 and 3 this year with Daniel.

I'm now left hoping for Schneider and Kesler being packaged together for a real scoring line centre.
Yeah, I was trying to argue last night that losing Daniel isn't the reason the team looks so lost, but it probably is the reason that the powerplay has been abysmal. And seeing as how special teams is the difference in the series, you might be right.

One of my friends suggested Briere + Bryzgalov for Luongo + Kesler after the Philly game yesterdat. It'll never happen, but I'd like Mr. 101 playoff points in 99 games on our team. I have a feeling monster_bertuzzi would too. Kesler would sub in for M. Richards, Luongo would make them a dynasty, and we'd get some scoring, and Bryz could split 50/50 with Schneider. I can hope right?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24
Yeah, Henrik looked AWESOME on Sunday. That 2min+ shift was seriously classic Henrik in the second period. I think I counted four or five just absurd passes that about five people in the world could make, of course him being one of them. Then he was an animal that last shift too where they were trying to make things happen. I was watching the game with my roommate and it got to the point where whenever Henrik got the puck behind the net I told him the puck was going to end up in the back of the net by the end of that shift, and it almost happened if not for Quick being a monster against the post of the net.

Henrik deserved better last night.
It's funny, but people assume he's a player whose play can be determined by looking at score sheets because he doesn't do much if he's not scoring. And while it may be true that he doesn't have too many hits to show for his effort, he was all over the ice, but people don't watch him play so they label him a choker in the playoffs based off the stats. Henrik was the only Canuck (along with possibly Hamhuis and of course Schneider) who actually stepped up last night. Too bad Booth/Raymond/whoever else don't have the hockey sense to effectively play next to him.