View Single Post
Old
04-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Nalyd Psycho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Yeah, I was trying to argue last night that losing Daniel isn't the reason the team looks so lost, but it probably is the reason that the powerplay has been abysmal. And seeing as how special teams is the difference in the series, you might be right.

One of my friends suggested Briere + Bryzgalov for Luongo + Kesler after the Philly game yesterdat. It'll never happen, but I'd like Mr. 101 playoff points in 99 games on our team. I have a feeling monster_bertuzzi would too. Kesler would sub in for M. Richards, Luongo would make them a dynasty, and we'd get some scoring, and Bryz could split 50/50 with Schneider.
There are other reasons. As I stated before, Edler playing some of the worst hockey of his career is really hurting our ability to get any flow to our game. But Daniel's absence is likely why we are so snakebitten. Put him in the line up and we actually convert on Henrik's passes. This is also where the Hodgson trade hurts. We may have great depth up front, but so many player seem prone to reverting to being a grinder. We need more players that will be skill first.