View Single Post
Old
11-20-2003, 01:57 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano
Pardon me while I quit laughing. Look up the definition of "perimeter player" in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Straka. He is a very good player, but the notion that he is physical is a complete joke.
Sure, Straka is not a physical force and won't initiate much contact, but he is absolutely not a perimiter player. Straka is one of the more fearless players in the league and has no problem taking the puck to the net through traffic. He is very strong in the cycle game and will not hesitate to go after lose pucks in the corners no matter which defenseman are coming towards him. He is one of the hardest working players in the league with a motor that never quits, and that makes him one of the best on-ice leaders in the game, and can ignite his teammates and draw penalties with his hard work and speed.

All this said, Straka is not a guy that can do it all by himself; he needs to play with quality linemates. But if he plays on a line with a good centreman and RWer, there are very few LWers that I would rather see.