View Single Post
Old
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Khelvan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I don't know man, I think the Rangers need offense more than toughness at this point, and even a slightly-lost Kreider gives much more potential offense than Scott.
Maybe, but he's also lost in the defensive zone. If he remains lost, he'll be glued to the bench like he was in the 3rd period.

So then the question is, until Hagelin is back, would you rather have someone with the physical tools to play well on both sides of the puck who's just lost out there, or someone who is just too slow to do it but brings toughness/fighting.

Now anyone who has read my posts over the past ten years knows I would MUCH rather see a kid out there with Kreider's offensive skill over a "player" like Scott. And I value the long-term potential of someone like Kreider. So you know it pains me to say this, but if he plays the next game like he did tonight I'd rather see Scott out there than Kreider, given how this series has gone.

Is this a statement that Kreider can't ever be good? No. Is it saying he's a bad player? No. I'm just saying that the Rangers are playing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and have a good chance to go far. Personnel decisions during the playoffs are, and have to be, myopic compared to the regular season, where a team can afford to take a longer-term view of player development.

I WANT Kreider to step in and play well. I really do, I'm excited by his potential. But he was playing scared out there tonight, and if he doesn't improve quickly, in my opinion he's better off in the stands learning the Rangers' game.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote