Thread: Post Game Talk: Rangers @ Sens - Game 3
View Single Post
Old
04-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I'm not entirely sure what certain people expect. The parity in the league is so great right now that there are no easy matchups.

We were outplayed for parts of the game and outplayed our opponent for a little bit less of the game. Sounds exactly like playoff hockey on the road. Their building was rocking and home ice allowed them to get their matchups and take advantage of our weaker faceoff men. This is exactly the kind of game this team is built for.

In no way did I think this team played a bad game tonight. Opponent playing us well? Yes. Bad game? No. I swear some people think that if we don't dominate the game offensively for 50 minutes, we played a bad game. We dominated the game offensively for 15 minutes and defensively for 60 minutes. During that 15 is when we scored our goal. Yes, the Senators got some chances. You aren't smothering the life out of opponents on the road in the playoffs. Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson got shut down tonight and we are more than capable of handling what their secondary players are throwing at us.

We found a way to win. It's really like certain people didn't watch us at all this year.

/rant.
Well said, my friend. Very well said.

I also think we're going to be a much better team in game 2. Our confidence was shaken a bit with the OT loss on Saturday night. We took it back tonight in a big way with the shutout. Our defense was great and for the most part, our neutral zone decisiveness was very good. We can still be much better, and I think we'll see our best game so far in game 4.

Henke is back on top of his game and Kreider has his first game jitters out of the way.

Can't wait. Let's go back to MSG with a chance to go to the second round!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
LET'S GO RANGERS!!!