View Single Post
Old
03-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Seph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Fair enough. I'm still inclined though to think he will be a third line center as oppossed to a 'pseudo #1' center like the aforementioned.

I've watched a lot of Erie games this season and I have been rather dissapointed with his play. He should be doing a much better job of carrying the Otters on his shoulders and he has been a key reason as to why Erie wont be in the playoffs. (and they certainly are talented enough to be there) He just doesn't possess a lot of skill and can't create offense on his own with any consistency. (and the NHL level is a whole another planet)

I still think he is a terrific all around player but I think he'll be more suited as a quality third line center, alternate captain type of player. But I'll be happy to be proven wrong as I do like him as a player.
Well, it's certainly nice to talk with someone who has seen him play a lot. Offensively what do see as his shortcomings? All reports at the draft were that he had excellent playmaking ability and was good on breakaways. Is this not the case? Or is it just that he has a difficult time putting it together consistantly?