View Single Post
Old
04-17-2012, 11:16 AM
rafal majka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I bet you have never played the game at any level. You probably idolize Crosby, (speaking of ******** and 'goonery'.) What he has resorted to is pathetic , all his fanboys are crying because Sid can't handle being hit.

If the Pens were up 3-0 in the series, honest to god there wouldn't be half of the discussion about this 'goonery' , because people only care when it affects their team.

Oh, and 'jingoism'? Really? A little over-the-top on that one, aren't ya?
People that love physical hockey must be teenagers, but the highly sophisticated fans (such as yourself) appreciate the 'finer things'.. pretty refined sports fan we are dealing with? Here's to you.

Get over yourself.
I specifically wrote that the Habs don't need to stoop to goonery / thuggery to win. I used the '93 Cup win as an example because the Habs' designated goon, Todd Ewen played only 1 game in the playoffs - his services were not needed. Team toughness is important but "toughness" doesn't equate to thuggery.

As for my jingoism comment, just in this thread alone shows that there are fans that enjoy watching WWE-style-bench-clearing-brawl-goon hockey. I don't.

rafal majka is offline   Reply With Quote