View Single Post
Old
04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarek View Post
No.. your 2nd line is not better than the Francis line offensively..

Just because Francis played in Pittsburgh during the Jagr-Lemieux era, doesn't mean that he didn't earn his points. He still had to be good enough to acquire them, and he was not an elite, but a very strong scorer for a very, very long time. The definition of longevity. There really isn't a whole lot to choose from between Oates and Francis, in my mind. Put a gun to my head, I probably say Oates is better, but it isn't by a landslide.

And, factoring in the fact that players during Conacher's era had much shorter careers overall than in Oates' time, I'd say Conacher is a better player offensively than Oates (definitely in peak), and he certainly obliterates Hextall.
Give me a break ,Francis wouldn't have been able to have as many points and top finishes if he didn't play with Jagr and Lemieux.

4 out of 5 of his top 10 in points finishes happened in Pittburgh.

His 1st , 3rd , 3rd in assist also happened in Pittsburgh.

This is one of the most obvious case of a player being boosted by greater players.

The offense of these line is debatable , but my 2nd line as a better duo of offensive players , both Oates and Hextall are clearly superior than Francis offensively.

How overrated can Francis become? Equal to Oates offensively? Just give me a break I'm already tired.

Last edited by Jafar: 04-17-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote